Jeff Shimkus, a Fire Department Captain in Anaheim, California, recently sat down with filmmakers to discuss his 19-year-old son Sam. A college student, athlete and Special Education Instructional Aide, Sam died in January of 2010 from a combination of prescription drugs and alcohol. The coroner ruled that his accidental overdose death was caused by mixing booze and Opana (a painkiller), Soma (a muscle relaxant) and Xanax (an anti-anxiety drug). Although Jeff Shimkus had responded to many emergency calls related to drug overdoses while on the job, he was unable to save his son from suffering the same fate.
Behind the Orange Curtain Trailer:
The story of Sam Shimkus, described by his father as a good kid who made a bad choice, will be part of a feature-length documentary entitled “Behind the Orange Curtain.” The purpose of the film, which …